As a result of the continued coronavirus pandemic, the annual training year has been extended.
You will now have until 30 APRIL 2021 to complete this years annual training and assessment.
MOT Tester Training – Cars Class 4 & 7
MOT Tester Training
The MOT Tester qualification is for individuals who are serious about becoming fully qualified MOT Testers – we offer MOT Tester Training for Class 1 & 2 and Class 4 & 7 in Norwich and our intensive MOT Tester courses will develop your skills around the MOT Testing Routine to help you become a Nominated Tester.
As an approved IMI Centre we offer:-
- Trainers which include an experienced ex-DVSA MOT Trainer and experienced Automotive and MOT Technicians
- Regular courses which help to minimise workshop disruption
- A live workshop environment to ensure advanced and easily transferable MOT skills
- A high quality training facility in the centre of Norwich
- Refreshments throughout the day
Steps to becoming an MOT Tester
- Pass a Level 3 Pre-entry Qualification recognised by the DVSA – call us if you require any help meeting this requirement
- Call Tech CPD on 01603 610 457 or email email@example.com for booking information and DVSA requirements
- Pass the Level 2 Award in MOT Testing Accreditation with Tech CPD
- Pass the DVSA VT8 Observation to gain your MOT Licence
- Once you have passed your MOT Tester course, we can help you maintain your testing status, with our annual training and MOT online assessments or even MOT Centre Management courses
What does the qualification cover?
- working safely within a vehicle test centre
- communicating with colleagues and customers
- how to manage and maintain CPD
- carrying out pre-test checks
- carrying out an MOT test
To be eligible for this qualification, learners must:
- have a current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes they want to test
- be a skilled mechanic with at least 4 years full time employment in the service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested (Apprentices who have been employed for 4 years are eligible)
- have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT Testing scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation
- be ‘of good repute’
To become a Nominated Tester (NT) for Class 4&7 vehicles you must also have an ‘appropriate’ qualification.
Please give us a call on 01603 610 457 if you need any advice or guidance – we are always happy to help.
MOT Tester Training
Car MOT Training (Class 4 & 7)
4 Day Course
Mon 17 January – Thu 20 January 2022
Mon 14 February – Thu 17 February 2022
Mon 7 March – Thu 10 March 2022
Mon 4 April – Thu 7 April 2022
Mon 9 May – Thu 12 May 2022